Wednesday, October 16, 2013

4 Ingredient Easy Ice Cream Cake





Here in Florida we really don't ever have any seasons unless you might consider a season being 1) HOT      2) Hotter and 3) Hottest, that's typically what we deal with around here.  So today while some of you may be experiencing a cool fall day we are still walking around in flip flops and tank tops.  In honor of our very hot climate I wanted to make something really special for the fam.  Wednesday nights we do dessert and we read the Bible together after dinner, so I have to make something; otherwise I will never hear the end of it from my 7 year old and 4 year old.  While the baby was napping I decided to quickly make this, and when I say quickly, I mean quickly! it took me about 5 minutes and then I threw it in the freezer to chill until after dinner tonight.  I know everyone will enjoy this, even those of you in the cooler climates, sometimes you just gotta have some ice cream!!   Happy eating from my kitchen to yours! 






What you need:

16 ice cream sandwiches 

16 ounces of Cool Whip

A bag of mini Ore cookies (make sure to crush them up)

Sprinkles


How to:

Get yourself a 9x13 inch pan (Glass preferably)

Layer the bottom with cool whip, then put a thin layer of crushed Oreo's then lay the  ice cream sandwiches flat on top of the cool whip and Oreo's.  Repeat layering. Evenly spread the remaining whipped topping, and lastly add the Oreo's and the sprinkles to finish on top. Let freeze for at least 30 minutes prior to eating. 








1 comment:

  1. I love this 1..2..3.. recipe I will make for Rafael, Thanks Niccole :)

    ReplyDelete