Sunday, October 13, 2013

Caramel Apple Cupcakes (A sweet Fall Treat!)








So I'm going to tell you guys that I have a HUGE! sweet tooth! however; I'm not really into baking so much, but during the holidays and fall I feel so inspired to do so.  I want to be able to make memories with the family and let the kids get messy, and have them addicted to everything pumpkin and apple at this time of the year like I am.  So of course around this time I break out the flour and sugar and get to it!  Today my parents came over for dinner and I thought it would be a really nice idea to bake these cupcakes and have them decorate with us, and that we did!  We actually had a blast and sugar is always a great bribery tool to have the kids eat their dinner also!   So here they are my caramel apple cupcakes! I'm sure you all will love them just as much as we did!  from my kitchen to yours! Happy Eating! 

The fam decorating the cupcakes...what's my baby doing? "look mom no hands!" lol! 




Adapted from: www.yourcupofcake.com

What You Need:  
Apple Cake:
1 box white cake mix
2 tsp. cinnamon or apple pie spice
3 eggs
¼ C. butter, melted and cooled
¼ C applesauce
1 C. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ C. peeled and chopped apple
This recipe makes about 20-24 cupcakes
Caramel Buttercream: 
1 C. butter, softened
2 Tbsp. caramel sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 C. powdered sugar

How To:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift cake mix and cinnamon in to a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, butter, applesauce, milk and vanilla extract together.
4. Stir in cake mix until smooth.
5. Stir in chopped apples.
6. Fill cupcake liners ¾ full and bake for 17-22 minutes of until an inserted knife comes out clean.
7. Butter cream: Beat butter for 1 minute. Add caramel and vanilla extract and continue to beat. Slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
8. Pipe butter cream onto cooled cupcakes and top with melted caramel.

Tip:  Let the cupcakes completely cool before you add the frosting otherwise the frosting will melt 
off the cupcakes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment